Information that we collect
Information you give us
● Name ● Email address ● Billing Address ● Billing Country ● Delivery Address ● Delivery Country ● Telephone Number ● Passwords (to enable you to log in to your Newbury account) ● Delivery comments/requests
Information we get from your use of our site
● Site searches ● Competition entries ● Completed surveys ● Shopping preferences information ● Internet protocol (IP) address ● Full Uniform Resource Locators “URL” clickstream to, through and from our site (Including Date & Time) ● Browser type and version ● Browser plug-in types and versions ● Operating system ● Device
Customers will also need to input log in details or credit/debit card details to make payment on our website. For this, we will serve customers a secure iframe hosted by our payment providers, Shop Pay and/or Google Pay. Newbury do not store any details you input at the payment stage of our checkout. We have contracts with our payment providers to ensure your data is secure at all times.
How do we collect information?
We have made every effort to detail the information that we collect from the users of our website/app, as well as to ensure that the platforms we use to collect data, are secure in storing and retaining the data as you would expect. We have documented the main ways in which we collect this data below.
If a user has opted into receiving electronic correspondence, our marketing emails include the use of a tracking pixel. By opting into receiving electronic marketing, the user is consenting to the use of tracking pixel. A tracking pixel is used in the same way as cookies are used in web browsers. Tracking pixels are a normal part of electronic mail marketing use a tracking pixel to gather data on email activity such as, but not limited to, device, IP address, open time, link activity and website activity if a user clicks through to our website from our email. We use this information to create a better email marketing experience, help personalize emails and tailor a personalized shopping experience for all users who opt in to hear from us. If at any time a user wishes to no longer hear from us, or no longer consents to the terms of receiving electronic correspondence from us using this pixel, an unsubscribe link is found at the bottom of every email, and you can always contact us – we are happy to help.
How is the information used?
Newbury will not collect any data that is not necessary to carry out and/or improve the service we provide to our customers. More details about the way in which we use your data can be found below:
● Process any order made on our website/app. (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
● Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions, for example, Shop Pay and Google Pay).
● With your consent, retain your personal information and preferences to keep you informed by email and/or through other digital means including social media platforms and advertising retargeting, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Newbury, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
● Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you. Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
In circumstances where you contact us by phone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances:
● To provide evidence of a business transaction
● To prevent or detect a crime
● To ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures
● To see that quality standards or targets are being met
● In the interests of national security
As detailed in the section ‘Who do we share your information with?’, we will only share your data with third parties where we deem it necessary to provide you with the service you expect. You have the right to access, amend, remove your data that we share or store at any time.
Who do we share your information with?
The third parties we may share your data with are detailed below:
● Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
● Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
● Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
● Payment gateway providers to enable us to take payment for your order.
Newbury will never sell your data without your prior Consent. If Newbury are acquired by another party, we will contact you if your rights are affected or if our legal basis for processing any data is altered.
We will not share any data we may hold that is sensitive without your prior Consent. Information about what data is defined as sensitive can be found here.
Newbury may have a duty to share your personal data if we have a Legal Obligation or Vital Interest.
How long will Newbury keep your data?
Newbury will keep the information we hold for a time we deem necessary for the purpose for which we’re collecting the data. You have the right to request we amend, remove and view the data we store and can do this, by getting in touch with our customer service team here.
Ways to contact us
If you wish to contact Newbury regarding any of the information we collect or store, including making changes to your information, please contact the Newbury Customer Services team via email or phone. All information provided by the customer and collected by Newbury is controlled by us and within applicable laws and the Data Protection Act 1998.